Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 6, 2014

Dare To Get Dirty - For a Very Sweet You!

Hello crafty friends! Today I'm here with a card that's just for fun, or actually a fun challenge with a friend. The sweet and oh so talented Lori Craig asked if I'd make a sample for her Dare To Get Dirty challenge and I was ever so happy to oblige! 

If you're not familiar, Dare To Get Dirty is a celebration over at Splitcoast Stampers and the party is just for members of the Fan Club.  You can read all about DTGD here on this thread.


My younger son had a really tough time with 3rd grade, and I wanted to give him the best foot forward for Grade 4. His new teacher has been coming to tutor him in math each Wednesday and I've been exceptionally impressed with her level of patience and the creative ways she's been able to engage with him.  I really have my fingers crossed that it will be a wonderful year

So, this card is for her, to kick off what I have high hopes will be a great year for him <--- or actually for all of us! My Dad says that at any time you're only as happy as your least happy child and I can honestly say that is exactly how I feel. When my boys are happy, well, I am too!

All of my supplies today are from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment is from the Banner Greetings stamp set paired with the Banner Greetings Die-namics.  It is layered on top of the Red-Delicious Die-namics cut from Electric Red and Fuse Green card stocks.

I've used the Typewriter Text background for a bit of a "school-ish" theme.  My very beloved Woodgrain Background stamp was inked with Sweet Tooth ink to Fuse Green card stock.  And Houndstooth is a classic fall themed pattern cut with my Houndstooth Cover-Up

You'll find all the reasons for my layout and theme for today's card as part of Loris' challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers Dare To Get Dirty Event.  Goodness, it felt great to make a card and I'll have to get back into it soon enough to make a birthday card for my older son this weekend!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

Your son's teacher is sure to love this card Joanne!! It is just fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Joanne, I miss you so much at MFT. You have the sweetest voice and the videos will never be the same. Love your card and your son is lucky to have a mom with such wonderful talents.

Gabby said...

Super cute card, Joanne! How sweet to make it for your son to encourage him. :) We miss you.

Sarah said...

Hooray for an adorable card that is certain to kick off a fantastic school year! I'm thrilled to see you making time to create and share with all of us. How's the transition going??
God's blessings,
Sarah :)

Wanie Suhaini said...

love~ ^_^

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very pretty, and cheerful !!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover