Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 21, 2014

MFT January Creative Challenge - Spell It Out!


I've been just dying to share my project with you today!  We have a new member of the house that will sit patiently for me to take his photo, especially if I happen to have a piece of cheese or a dog biscuit dangling just above my camera lens.  Dart has been with us since August, which means we just celebrated six months of him being a member or our family.  We're all quite smitten with this beautiful and smart boy!

This month Dart is the subject of my project for the My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge.  We're using our Die-namics and stamps to spell out custom messages and add personalization to projects.  This was a great assignment for me to use scrapbooking to tell a personalized story! 



I've paired a number of stamps, Die-namics and embellishments to pull my page together.  My color palette is Electric Red - Gumdrop Green - Black Licorice - Whip Cream - Kraft and Blu Raspberry.  Now that you've seen the full page, I can walk you through the elements a bit at a time.

Up first is the "6 months" I paired both the Little Letters and the Little Numbers Die-namics for this title.  They're nested on a set of Fishtail Flags and Fishtail Flags Layers.  A small Star STAX cut from silver glitter card stock anchors the flag to the page and was adorned with a Electric Red button.


This fun sentiment is from the Picture This stamp set.  It's sitting on top of the Award Seal Die-namics I anchored the sentiment to the top of the Award Seal so I could leave room to add some personalization.  These tiny letters are the tiny letters generated from the Negative Dot Alphabet which are sitting on top of the Sentiment Strips Die-namics.

How cute cute cute is the tiny dog print dog tag cut from the Pet Charms Die-namics?  I cut if from Black Licorice and then added a small Electric Red Circle STAX to the back.  In this photo you can see that I've stamped the Gumdrop Green layer using the Typewriter Text background stamp using Gumdrop Green ink.

The tiny Sno Cone button you see here actually hides the join where I've attached two Large Simply Scallops.


I've used the Pocket Calendar Stamp Set and Insert-It 3x4 to document the six month date. I used Gumdrop Green to call out that this milestone is on the 12th.  I've added a little bit of the Woodgrain Background stamp to Black Licorice card stock using Whip Cream ink.  I love how solid the coverage is - beautiful!

I added the new Cute Cameras 2 Die-namics cut from Black Licorice and then embellished with a bit more of my silver card stock and a touch of Electric Red.  I added the words "adopt" since Dart is a rescued dog from Louisiana.  These letters were cut using the Negative Dot Alphabet with Blu Raspberry card stock.



Collecting the MFT Alphabet Die-namics in a variety of sizes gives you a lot of creative options for card making and scrapbooking. MFT's card stock and ink now come in 43 colors, so you've got a wide palette to work with!

Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a full list of all the DT Members that are participating in today's challenge.  This was SO fun and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with!

Here are the links to the products I've used today, thank you SO very much for stopping by!


3 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover